7 Easy Ways to Remove Dead Skin From Feet Naturally
When it comes to beauty routines, feet are one of the most neglected parts of the body. This is primarily because they are never really on display. Since foot care is often neglected by many, it leads to the accumulation of the dead skin cells on the feet. We walk every day and that tends to put pressure on the feet. In the US alone, it is believed that a person walks 75,000 miles during the first fifty years of his or her life. Therefore, it is essential to remove dead skin from feet for the sake of hygiene.
What are the causes of dead skin on the feet?
Dead skin is basically skin that has lived through its life and no longer has nutrients source from the body. There are several reasons for the formation of the dead skin on the feet. They are:
- Footwear:The first thing to consider is your footwear. Shoes and sandals rub against your feet all day and that causes the dead skin to develop.
- Moisturizing:In order to avoid dry skin anywhere on your body including your feet, you should use moisturizer but people usually do not look after their feet as much as they care for their hands and face.
- Standing for too long: If you have a job or lifestyle that expects you to stand or walk a lot, you are at the higher risk of developing the dead skin on your feet. This happens because of the increased pressure on the bones of your feet.
- Obesity:If you weigh more than a healthy person, then you are already exerting more pressure on the feet. Add to it the fact that your blood circulation is not healthy and you are left with a lot of dry skin on the feet.
- Diseases:Obviously there are a few diseases like Athlete’s foot, psoriasis and even cancer that can worsen the condition of the feet by making it dry and also cause flakes on the skin.
How to remove dead skin from feetusing food?
There are a few dietary changes that one can make for the dead skin on feet removal
Food to eat to get rid of dry skin on feet
- Avocado on the go:If you add avocado to your daily diet, your whole body will benefit as it slows down the aging process and prevents many diseases.
- Cucumber for the win: Cucumber is a popular vegetable which is filled with vitamins and something which you can eat on a regular basis in order to keep your skin glowing and prevent the development of dead skin on the feet.
- Water: Water keeps the skin supple and hence you should always drink a lot of water.
Foods to avoid
- Excessive salt:Anything with excessive salt needs to be avoided at all cost. This is because salt requires a lot of water. And as discussed above, water can help with keeping your feet moisturized.
- Alcohol:It is just like salt as it dehydrates the body and causes dead skin cells to cells to build upon the surface of the skin.
- Coffee:This beverage has also proven to be bad for the skin on feet or any other body part. This is so because caffeine is a dehydrating agent. If you drink too much coffee, it can result in dry skin. This is because it causes user to urinate more often. This results in a depletion of water.
Except for dietary changes, there are several other ways to take a good care of the skin. This includes the use of essential oils.
Essential oils that you can apply to remove dead skin from feet
- Peppermint essential oil:Peppermint essential oil is filled with antioxidants. These antioxidants can heal cracked heels and take care of dry skin with ease.
- How to use?
- Take a moisturizer you like to use.
- Add a few (4 to 5) drops of essential oil to the moisturizer.
- Apply to the affected area.
- Sandalwood oil:It has many skin healing properties. The other oil that you can use with sandalwood oil is olive oil.
Steps to follow
- You just need to put a few drops of sandalwood oil and mix it with 2 to 3 drops of olive oil.
- Once done, massage the feet with the mixture just before going to bed.
- Cover the feet with the help of the soft cotton cloth.
Herbs to use for the dead skin on feet removal
There are several herbs that can be used as dead skin remover for feet
- Lavender:The leaves, stems and blooms of the lavender plant can work their magic to remove dead skin from the feet.
Things you will need:
- Lavender leaves, stems, and blooms
- One-fourth cup of dry oats
How to prepare:
- Add lavender to the water
- Grind the dry oats in the grinder until it reaches powder form.
- Add the powder to the lavender soaked water.
How to use?
Dip your feet into the mixture and rub onto the soles of your feet.
Now allow your feet to dry before washing it off. You will get the soft skin on your feet with visibly fewer cracks.
- Sweet marjoram:This is best for the feet if taken for a short period of time, every day.
How to use?
- This one is fairly simple
- Add sea salt to water and then sprinkle some sweet marjoram into the mix.
- Then, dip your feet into the mixture.
- And let them sit.
- Take them out after 10-15 minutes and wash it off with water.
A few home remedies for dry feet
The best way to remove dead skin for the feet lies in home remedies.
These remedies are cheap and can be done easily as all the required products are available in the house itself.
- Lemon juice with pumice stone:Soak your feet in lemon juice and it will do wonders for the skin on feet. The lemon juice makes the dry and dead skin easier to remove.
- Just submerge your feet into the lemon juice for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, use a pumice stone to scrub out the flakes of dead skin from your feet.
The function of the lemon juice is to make the dry or dead skin loose, so removal is easier.
- Overripe banana:How many times have you forgotten to eat a banana and the next time you see it, it has turned overripe. In case you come across this problem; you can kill two birds with one stone. Bananas are filled with potassium which is good for your feet.
How to use?
- In order to use the overripe banana, all you need to do is peel the skin off and crush it till it turns into a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your dead skin and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse the paste off with warm water.
- And voila, you have fewer cracks and dry skin.
How to exfoliate feet with the help of natural treatment?
- Baking soda:This item is readily available at home and helps remove dead skin from feet.
- Firstly, put a few spoons of baking soda into water.
- And that foot soak will leave your feet soft.
Or turn it into a paste
- First, add a spoon of water to one spoon of baking soda.
- Mix them to create a paste.
- Apply it to the feet
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Rinse it off
- Dry your feet.
Use pumice stone along with this treatment for the tougher areas of the feet.
- Epsom salts:Using Epsom salts in your foot soak can help with the dry skin. Epsom salts contain minerals that can improve the blood circulation as these minerals are readily soaked into the skin. Also, these salts help soften the skin on feet.
The three vitamins that can affect the feet and cause dryness on them are Vitamins E, C, and A.
- Vitamin E:Many foot creams come with infused Vitamin E to help soften the skin. It has been scientifically proven that application of Vitamin E to the affected area can help with the cracked heels and dry or dead skin removal.
- Vitamin A: The dead skin under feet can be tackled by including the intake of Vitamin A along with Vitamin E in your diet. Foods like carrots have Vitamin A per serving. But do not take supplements of Vitamin A without consulting the doctor as topical Vitamin A can build up to the level which is toxic to the human body.
- Vitamin C:A water-soluble vitamin that helps in the production of collagen which is needed for healthy skin. Capillaries maintain blood circulation in the body and again are strengthened with the help of Vitamin C. Intake of citric fruits like oranges, lemon, etc. can help with the thick dead skin on feet.
These all are natural ways of taking good care of the skin on feet.
However, there are several conventional ways of treating dead skin feet.
Peel off masks: There are feet masks that can help inpeeling dead skin off feet. You just need to put the foot mask, much like a bag around your feet and tie it. Leave it overnight and in the morning remove it. Several cosmetic companies provide different variations of these peel-off masks with different instructions. The process of feet dead skin peeling can be very satisfying as well.
Foot scrub:Another dead skin remover for feet is foot scrubs. These are scrubs that you can use while taking a shower or otherwise to exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead skin under the feet.
It is your choice which method among the following you would like to use for the dry dead skin on feet.Depending on your special conditions, like allergies, some options might need to be left untouched. But all these methods work. Find the one that is convenient for you in terms of time and availability of products and get the results you desire. Your feet are an essential part of the body and hence it is mandatory for you to take a good care of your feet as they are one of the most important parts of the body