Over 90% of the world’s teenage population suffers from acne. But it is not the only face-skin problem faced by the people. There are several other conditions that cause bumps on the face. Have you ever had bumps on your face that are not acne? And wondered what they are and how to get rid of them? You are not aloneif you are suffering from this. Let us have a discussion on how to get rid of bumps on face along with the reasons behind it.
What are the reasons that cause bumps on face?
Types of bumps on face, along with causes.
In this condition, the dead skin cells get trapped inside the skin and thus cause the bumps to form. You can find them around your eyes, mouth, cheeks, and nose or on your eyelids. Milia will appear like whitehead (white bumps on face) but will not have redness around. And you will not be able to pop it. More than half of newborn children suffer from it.
The hair is made of a protein called Keratin. If there is a buildup of Keratin in the skin, it causes irritation to the skin. This can result in red bumps on face but they can be white or skin-colored as well. Another name used for it is ‘Chicken skin’ due to the fact that it looks like goose bumps that are unwilling to leave. You can have this condition because of three distinct reasons:
- Dry skin: There is a lack of moisture in your skin.
- Chaffing: Tight clothes rubbing against the skin can cause this condition.
- Genetics: You can inherit it from one of your parents.
Some kind of dietary intake or products that do not suit your skin can cause an allergic reaction. Sometimes the immune system attacks the allergen which can cause skin inflammation. As a result, you can get bumps on forehead, cheeks, near the lips, eyes. Also, people with more sensitive skin are at the higher risk of such a condition.
How to get rid of bumps on facethat are not acne at home?
Home remedies to get rid of small bumps on face called Milia
Steam your face:
You can heat bumps on face with the help of steam. This will open your pores and hence help get rid of Milia.
- Take a bowl of hot water.
- Place it near your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn on the hot steaming water shower in your bathroom.
- Meanwhile, keep the door and exhaust fan off.
- This will turn the room into a sauna where you should sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
An egg mask:
Retinol is a compound that is good for removal of Milia and it is naturally present in the egg. You will need 1 egg white, 1/2 almond oil, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of honey
How to make the mask?
- Take egg white in a bowl.
- Add almond oil.
- Next, put plain yogurt and honey.
- Mix until it reaches a paste consistency.
- Apply to the face.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Then, wash your face with warm water and pat (do not rub) dry it.
Note: Repeat it 3 days a week to see significant change.
Exfoliate your skin:
Regular exfoliation can do wonders for milia. But, exfoliate the area with an exfoliating moisturized. Look for a product that contains Vitamin A and does not have many oils.
How to use?
- Wash your face every day with this product to see good results.
- Do not overdo it as over exfoliation can be bad for the skin.
Products to use for the bumps on face
The tiny bumps on face caused by Keratosis Pilaris can be removed at home using various items, such as:
You can use exfoliation to get rid of these flesh colored bumps on face.
Steps to follow
- Take baking soda and add it into water.
- Mix till it reaches a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Leave for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with the help of warm water.
This particular method does not have any negative effects and hence can be used every day.
Vitamin A capsules:
Vitamin A is a skin-booster that helps get rid of red or white bumps on face with ease.
How to use
- Take a Vitamin A capsule
- Tear it open, with a knife or a pair of scissors.
- Take the liquid inside the capsule and rub it on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lastly, remove it.
Keratosis Pilaris is a common skin condition and causes dry and rough red bumps on the face. For this, yogurt works wonders as it is a natural moisturizer that one can find at home with ease.
- Take a few tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply it to the affected area
- Wait for 15 minutes before taking a bath.
- Take a bath with lukewarm or cold water.
- Dry your face with a soft, clean towel.
- Apply it every day until the condition gets better.
Olive oil is a moisturizing agent. It can help with the red bumps on face.
You will need two tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of table salt.
- Mix olive oil and table salt together.
- Rub the affected area with this.
- Then, remove it with the help of a gentle soap.
Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E and thus provides the moisture to the skin. And table salt, on the other hand, will help exfoliate the skin.
How to get rid of bumps on face caused by allergy and itching?
Allergies can cause itchy bumps on face that are traumatizing for the skin. In case of such a condition, treatment at home is not readily available. Especially if it happens in the middle of the night or at some time when the shops around might not be open. But fret not, there are many home remedies that one can try to remove these little bumps on face
In case of itchy red bumps on the skin, use cold water. This can help reduce itchiness and inflammation.
- Cold water soaked cloth can be applied to the affected area.
- Do it as many times as needed or whenever discomfort arises.
This magic product is filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. This is why it works wonders in case of allergies.
- How to remove razor bumps on face, heat bumps on face or bumps that are caused by any other allergic reaction?
- Take oatmeal powder in a bowl. (You can make some by taking oatmeal and grinding it in a grinder.)
- Add oatmeal 1 tsp at a time with distilled water until it reaches a paste-like consistency.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Cover the paste with a wet soft cloth gently.
- Keep it in place for a total of 30 minutes
- Remove the cloth
- Rinse the paste off with cold water gently.
- Then moisturize the area with a moisturizer of your choice.
Also, you can add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or 4 drops of Lavender essential oil into the paste. And if you have both, you can add both of them together.
Note that if you are allergic to any of these substances steer clear of them. Also, make sure that you are taking off such substances if they cause discomfort to the skin.
For Milia and Keratosis Pilaris, a doctor might not be that important. But if allergies persist, visit a doctor before condition grows out of hands. Also, consider making at least an annual visit to a skin doctor to know what your skin needs. Sometimes, these minor conditions point toward some serious diseases like cancer.
There are many people who wonder how to get rid of bumps on face using conventional medication. There are several conventional medications available online for these three conditions. You can use any one of them to get good results.
De-roofing: One method of getting rid of Milia is de-roofing. In this, a doctor uses a sterilized needle to clear bumps on face. This should not be attempted at home at any cost.
Laser treatment: This method is only used in the worst case scenarios. A laser is pointed at affected areas to reduce inflammation and redness of the skin. And there is a good chance that you would need more than one session to complete the treatment.
Mild corticosteroid creams: These are available without a prescription. But strong corticosteroid creams can only be bought if prescribed by the doctors.
Having clear skin is a dream for many. Waxing is something used by women to get rid of hair while men use a razor to hair removal. In an ironic manner, both these activities are the possible causes for bumps on your skin. It is obvious that these two are not the only reasons for the bumps. If you suffer from any such condition, give one of these home remedies a go and see how well your body reacts to it. It is not only about looking beautiful. You need to keep your facial skin healthy. Following these home remedies will give you the skin of your dreams.